Downton is back & I am super-dooper mega excited about, yes it may well be sad. But you know what?!
I don’t give a flying monkeys!
Maggie Smith – or if I’m to keep to characters the Contess Violet Crawley – is the absolute be all & end all in my eyes. I mean Mary has that strong independent thing down; I absolutely love Anna and her unwavering loyalty; & Carson is a great ol’ fashioned well-to-do character, but none of them quite equate to Dowager Contess now do they?
My mother & I greatly anticipate each series with excitement for new one-liners to use in everyday life.
Here are a few of the faves thus far…
- Telephones have long been the bane of peoples lives:
2. Never lose hope, it’s rather middle-class in the Dowagers eyes (apparently that’s a bad thing):
3. In the words of both Lady Violet & Britney, it’s a womans porogative:
4. Always make sure your communicate clearly:
5. Boorish language is never acceptable:
6. Food is always a good idea:
7. One cannot dwell on life for too long:
8. You don’t need to understand life all the time:
9. One should have a unwavering self-worth:
10. & Finally my favourite & the one that elevated her to Queen of sass status: